Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Primitive Alphabet Sampler

Photobucket


This is another piece for the New Year that I cross stitched using a pattern from Country Stitches. I have been in the mood for cross stitching so I did this one that was originally called a Spring Time Sampler. I changed it up a bit and stitched an additional band at the bottom with a key, the year 1881 and a heart. As you will notice some of the letters of the alphabet are missing which was done quite often on older samplers. I love the charm of this sampler and it will make a wonderful decorating accent in a Primitive or Colonial home. I used a black distressed wood frame. The measurements are 9 1/2" wide x 11 1/2" long, there is glass and an attached rope for hanging. The sampler was stitched on fiddlers cloth and aged with coffee.
*Sold* thank you!
Cost is $38 plus shipping